Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Is It just Me?


I noticed that my extremely cool Clubsport pedals were always collecting dust on them – and no, not the kind of dust from a lack of use, but from a dusty environment I suppose.

It was then that I realized if my pedals were collecting dust, then so too was the insides of my steering wheel. And what kind of damage will dust do to the inner workings of these expensive pieces of electronics? Hence the thought of covering them.

Now I live out in the country, so I think we just have more dust than average, but not sure. I do know that every once in a while I drag the hose of my compressor into the office and blow out my ‘Mothership’ – the dual quad processing Super Mac computer that powers my editing programming. And when I do it’s got dust in it. And sometimes I go around and blow everything off much to the dismay of my family ;-)

Maybe the idea for this wheel cover started when I unwrapped the new CSR Elite wheel and thought how awesome it came wrapped in that cool black bag. Of course it was a too-big cloth bag, but it made me think – hey one of my soft-insides helmet sacks might just do this much better - if it fits.

And it did, and hence my tip.

So, is it only me that is concerned about this stuff, or will you find it of interest – and value as well?

D

2 comments:

  1. Hi Doug, same story for me. After race every time i cover wheel and pedals from dust.
    Greetings from simracing.biz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Glad to hear I'm not the only one ;-)

    ReplyDelete