Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Media Friends



Welcome to our first Sim Racing Review Blog. It’s here that you’ll read the stuff that I either can’t really make a video of, or am just to lazy to!

Although we are new to the world of Sim Racing, we’ve been in the motorsports media since 1992 when I started covering ATVs, sand buggies, and 4-wheel drive vehicles for the print media. Since that time we evolved into conventional television providing weekly programs for 4x4TV, ATV Television SportEdition, and our best-known and longest-lasting program, ATV Television. We then moved both 4x4TV and ATV Television to internet-only video programming.

But never in all my history with these ‘media outlets’ have I been so openly welcomed by the established members of the media as I have with Sim Racing Review.

It wasn’t but a couple days after our first video went up that I received an email from Israel at SimGadgets.Net congratulating me on a great website. It was also Israel that suggested I look into getting a Twitter account so I could more easily keep everyone informed about our latest reviews.

Thank you.

That very same day I also heard from Bram from RaceDepartment.Com, complementing me on our honest reviews and extending a friendly offer of ‘let us know what ever there is that we can do to help you!’

Then Brandon from RaceDepartment.Com contacted me to make sure that what they were putting up along with our reviews was correct and if there was anything thing else I needed them to do.

Wow. What a great welcome into this industry by some guys that are truly setting the standard for racing news coverage.

Thank you.

And then Rob from VirtualR.Net emailed thanking me for putting out great reviews and appreciated the ‘Beginner’s Driving Tips. Yet another of the foremost Sim Racing sites extending its hand in friendship. And another premier sim website offering to share our reviews with their wonderful audience.

Incredible. Thanks yet again!

It wasn’t long before Tony from iRacing emailed me with a welcome to the sim community, a thanks for our reviews, and an extended hand to ‘try iRacing!’

I will. Soon. Thanks.

Although some websites didn’t contact me personally, they showed their appreciation for our work by running our video reviews on their websites. One of these is the Fanatec Wheel Fansite. A great site filled with information for everyone that owns a Fanatec product.

Thank you.

Now don’t take this the wrong way. I didn’t mention the nice words these guys all had for Sim Racing Review as a way to pat myself on the back. NO. I wanted to use them to show what a great bunch of guys there are out there in the Sim Racing World!

Did these guys complain about another website entering into the media world covering Sim Racing? NO. They welcomed the newcomer with help and advice to help succeed.

I’m overwhelmed and certainly will not forget it.

Thank you all for your open kindness.

D

No comments:

Post a Comment